Whether you're fixings things up to sell or just want to spruce things up a bit, check out these 9 affordable projects that are sure to add some curb appeal to your home.
1. Get a new mailboxFor as little as $20, you can brighten the first thing people see when driving by your house. Just be sure to follow local regulations as you install.
2. Add some furniture or plants to your front porchEvery front porch could use a little more love. Rescue a porch swing from the thrift store and paint, or sand and stain it for a more natural look. Even adding a couple pillows to your furniture can brighten things up.
3. Pressure wash patios and sidingRent a pressure washer or just set your hose setting to a strong spray. Be careful not to aim the nozzle underneath the siding.
4. Paint or install new house numbersIt seems like such a small improvement, but it's the little things that make a house a home.
5. Give your lawn a makeoverNothing beats free, right? Use your own lawn gear or borrow a neighbor's and spend a little time mowing, weeding, and edging your lawn. These improvements take time but cost $0. If you're willing to spend a bit, add some fresh pine straw or mulch to your beds to finish things off.
6. Paint your shutters or doorMatch the look of your home with a traditional color like black or brown. Or go a little crazy and use a bright color like yellow or teal.
7. Disguise the ugly AC unit and electrical boxesUse plants to hide them or paint them the same color as your home so they don't stick out like a sore thumb.
8. Cut down on the clutterClutter is a buzz kill. Don't leave trash cans, trailers, or junk in your driveway. Make space in your garage for those things and only bring them out when you need to use them.
9. Paint or replace your welcome matTired welcome mats don't say "come in" they say "why bother?" Spray paint and stencils are an inexpensive way to brighten up the one you have if you don't want to buy a new one.